Isn't it funny how every now and then you can have a day that is just about packed with good things from start to finish? Wednesday was pretty much one of those days for me.
I was up with Allison a few times during the night so I was fearing the day would not go so well. She is just at that age I think, where she is old enough to imagine scary things and young enough that these imagined things really, truly scare her. Every time she was up all she wanted was for me to rock her. "Rock mommy, rock me, rock" Poor little girl. As soon as we got to rocking I could feel her relax and pretty soon she was fast asleep. But, since my sleep was not steady I did not get up at my usual time and work out - in fact I overslept and woke at 7:45. It was a mad dash to get myself showered and get the children fed and dressed. Audrey made it to the bus on time but Amy, Allison and I were late to Bible Study.
But Bible Study was so good. I just love Beth Moore. She is so very gifted at teaching scripture. She gives such good and interesting information and at the same time keeps it real. Plus she's so adorably cute and funny and then, she is from Texas so ..... And I really, really like the small group I am in this year. Our discussions seem to be so much more .... more ... I don't know ..... more interesting sounds horrible but I think that's it. Last year's group was almost stuffy compared to this group. But not really stuffy, I wish I could figure out the difference, it's there but I can't quite name it for some reason.
Anyway, after Bible Study Amy had a "date" with a boy from the bus. Yep - my kindergarten daughter had a lunch date at McD's. His mom attends the Bible Study too so we headed over to McDonald's after church. I swear, it was like the other mom and I weren't even there. Amy and Joey sat side by side in the booth and chatted and played and ate and never once gave us a second thought. Too cute to watch. But man, I worry about my Amy. She is apparently quite popular with the boys. One boy, Tom, told his mom they are getting married, this other boy Joey talks and plays with Amy every day on the bus and once when we met another mom I asked which child was hers and when she told me I said something like "Oh, Amy has mentioned him before" and she looks to her son and says with a chuckle, "Well Kurt, it looks like maybe Amy doesn't talk about you anywhere near as much as you talk about her."
Wednesday after school is Audrey's dance class and after we dropped her off Amy, Allison and I headed to Target so Amy and Allison could get birthday gifts for Audrey. While we were there I went to see if they had marked down the Nick and Nora sock monkey jammies. I have a winter pair that I LOVE and the top ripped. They had new ones out at Valentine's but I didn't feel like shelling out the $25. Well Wednesday night I found the Valentine ones on clearance for $6.24!!!! Woooo - HOO!
When we got home from dance we were pleasantly surprised to see David's car in the driveway. He is working horrid hours right now and is almost never home for dinner these days. Not only was he home BUT he offered to grill the chicken breasts I had thawed out so we could have grilled chicken sandwiches and THEN .... and THEN .. he said we could go TV shopping after dinner. You have no idea how exciting this was!!! We have been looking at TV's that we don't buy for pretty much a YEAR AND A HALF!!!!! We had two TV's, neither of which is a flat screen. The "kid TV" in the basement is my old one. I bought it with money I made nanny-ing for the Hunkler girls, the oldest of which is a SOPHOMORE at West Point! The TV still works fine but the DVD player hooked up to it broke. I bought a new DVD player but this TV was so old, I couldn't hook the new player up to it. This meant any and all kid DVD's were watched on the main TV upstairs in the family room. So I have been saving cash here and hoping to maybe get a TV for the basement in time for Audrey's sleepover party. I really, really wanted this b/c I wanted the girls to be able to spread out their sleeping bags and watch DVD's all night if they felt like it. So off we went to Best Buy and lo and behold we came home with a 32 inch flat screen TV which is now hooked up to the DVD player I bought ages ago. I am lovin life! AND David didn't even use my "cash stash" to put towards the purchase of the TV so now I am halfway to the amount I need for the Expedit Entertainment center from Ikea which will also go in the basement. Ya-hooey!!!!
Some days - life is just good. :)
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment