Thursday, March 26, 2009

What am I supposed to do with it NOW?


Ok so for Audrey's birthday I found this great bowl at Target. It was on clearance, it was only $5, it was pink and green (the color scheme for the party), it was a great size for serving chips, popcorn, etc. I gave it a quick wash the day of the party, peeled off the red clearance tag and set it out with cheetos in it. After the party I washed out the cheeto crumbs and put it in the cupboard with my other serving bowls. A few days later I used it again when the kids wanted popcorn for a snack. As I washed it this time I noticed a small clear sticker near the bottom. I go to peel it off and see that it says "Not suitable for food or liquid" - GREAT! And then, I go to peel off the large Target sticker from the bottom and when I do I reveal writing that says: Huh? "clean with damp cloth"? You aren't supposed to use soap?!?! Does the soap create some sort of horrific chemical reaction? It also says I shouldn't use it as a cutting surface - ummmm - it's a BOWL! How exactly would one go about using it as a cutting surface? And oh yeah - it's MADE IN CHINA! So now I am afraid to use the darn thing. Heaven only knows what kinds of toxins it's been laced with. But what do I do with it? And why in the world was it in with the dishes?!?!? I still have the receipt, do you think I can take it back?

No comments: