Saturday, March 28, 2009

Cold .... Lonely .... Bored

Yep - that's me in a nutshell.....

David is never home these days and while I know it is not his fault .... I am getting a little tired of the single parenting gig. I do not know how single moms do it!

Ceva is rolling out a new Warehouse Management System. This stupid "WMS" feels more like a "WMD" to me. He is pulling hours like he did way back in the day with Dell. But back then, I only had two kids and they were younger and easier to transport and it was Austin, I knew my way around and there was simply more to do. And sometimes, when he was in work-a-holic mode I could load up the car and head to Dallas for 2 or 3 days. Plus, in Austin and I wasn't stuck inside all the bleepin' time! We could get the double stroller and take a walk around the neighborhood or walk to a park or even walk to the local library. Here it is just now hitting 54 degrees outside (it's 5:30pm) and a cold front is coming in and tomorrow we will only be in the 40's. We couldn't play outside today because everything is muddy from the last two days of rain and it can't make up its mind if it is going to rain today or not so it has drizzled off and on. WAH! Whine!!!!! Stomp! stomp! stomp! And I can't even go drown my sorrows in some good queso!!!!

How awful are the work hours you ask? Let's see ... David has not eaten dinner with us in the last 8 days because he gets home after 7pm. Yesterday, Friday, he went to work at 7am and wasn't home until 8:45pm. He was back at work at 4:50am this morning and at first he thought he'd be home at 8pm tonite but he just called and said he'll be lucky if he's home by mid-nite. And even though tomororw is Sunday, he'll be back at work by 9am.

So I today I went and bought two new books and since I already finished the 3 book anthology that I bought last Friday. Yep - I read 3 books plus 2 chapters from a book club book and did a week's worth of Bible Study. AND I am also almost caught up on Tivo'd TV shows. THAT, my friends, is how much time I have had by myself lately. 'Cuz even when he is home, he is pretty much about to fall asleep or he is alseep.

Times like this I really, really wish a had a good girl friend here to go out with. It would be so so so nice if I could get the kids (and David) in bed and then meet a friend for just an hour or so at ... at... well shoot .... Chuy's, El Arroyo, Che Z ...... Or hell - I'd be happy to meet up for dinner with the kids! Somewhere where the kids can blow off steam while we eat - like that Waterloo Icehouse off 360 or Thundercloud Subs and then Amy's Ice Cream at the Arboretum. But let's see, my choices here are nasty gross Skyline Chili which I REFUSE to try or TGIFriday's, Chili's, Applebees, and similar chains. I'm not sayin' I don't like the chains, but I am sayin' there is only so much of them a girl can eat. Seriously - there are only so many times you can eat a burger or a club sandwich .... What I wouldn't give for even a Jason's Deli!!!!! And don't even get me started on the crappy service!!!!! We met David for lunch today at Steak 'n' Shake (the kids' choice) and I am thinkin' they must have had to milk the cow and then pasteurize the milk for the TO GO shakes we ordered!!!!! I swear I could get through this with better take-out/eat-out choices and a good girlfriend to gab with! So I think one of your reading this should air freight me some good appetizers from somewhere southern and yummy and then call me on the phone. I'll make some shiner-ritas, aim a heat lamp at myself and play some Texas Tunes and pretend I'm on a deck somehwere overlooking the lake or at least some tree tops .....
Ah well ... better go scrounge through the pantry and refrigerator and see what I can come up with for dinner .....

No comments: