Monday, April 18, 2011

Just what I needed!

As we sit and wait and sit and wait and sit and WAIT to hear about David's job both David and I tend to get a tad stressed out from time to time. 

He stresses that he won't be (in his mind) the best provider for his family.  Me, I stress that the job situation will change and either A) we are doomed to live in Ohio forever or B) David will be forced to take a job away from us but not want to sell this house in this market and I will in effect be a single parent (and still in Ohio)

I feel so torn.  I want to get out of here.  I want to move south.  But I want my husband to feel proud of his position and secure in his status.

I subscribe to the Proverbs 31 email devotions and here are some snippets from what I read today:

But God never meant for us to be in control, strong in and of ourselves. We were meant to show His strength in our weakness as He provides for our needs. We were created to live like little children, dependent on the care of our heavenly Father.



When we insist on living life our way, in our own strength, .... We will live in fear. This is right where Satan wants us.


If the enemy can keep us contained by fear, we won’t be able to fulfill our potential or make a difference in the lives of others. Satan knows what we are capable of with Christ. To prevent us from that realization, he poisons us with fear — fear of trusting God, fear of surrendering ourselves completely to His plans.
It’s not that we shouldn’t be concerned about certain issues of life such as safety and health. But when worrying takes over by keeping us up at night and shutting us down during the day, we move into a place we were never meant to live.



We need to live in God’s presence and rely on His promises and provision. Only then will we be able to distinguish between truth and lies. Only then will our lives be marked by faith, not fear.


Dear Lord, help me to discern between false fears and real concerns. As I commit Your Word to memory, make Your truth alive in my heart so that I can battle fear and live by faith. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
 
I really needed to "hear" these words.  Most days I do a good job of trusting but, I am human afterall, and there are some days where I start down a dangerous path and before I know it, I have spiraled down into a full blown storm of panic and worry. And I KNOW I need the Lord to be my filter when it comes to voicing my opinions/concerns regarding our future. I don't want to be a doormat who sits and stews and builds up resentment but I also don't want to be a hag that tears my husband down just when he needs to be built up and reassured.
 
My plan?  To spend more time in the Word so I can guard my heart against the enemy.  And more time in prayer asking for discernment and patience .....
(and of course also asking that Dell will hurry up and make up their minds!!!!)
 
(and if I am 100% honest I will admit that there are times when I pray that our future involves a great, new position/title for David that also includes a move south in our near future while providing David with the assurance that selling this house really is OK)

No comments: