Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hangin' on by a thread

I know - it has been over a month since I posted ....

What can I say other than ...
February sucked .....
February is always hard on me. By the time February rolls around I am so sick of being cold - so sick of bundling up myself and everyone else - so sick of grey skies - so sick of being cooped up indoors ....
And this February brought with it even more challenges.

David was traveling - he was gone every other week to Memphis.  And while I do enjoy having the bed to myself and not listening to his snores and I do enjoy being queen of the remote - I hate it when he is gone.

And stupid Dell was supposed to decide if they would extend their contract with Ceva by February 18 and they didn't so we are still in that lovely holding pattern ..... They say they'll decide by March 18 now ... I'm not holding my breath ......

And then I was pulled off of the production roster with my online job and sent into retraining - that was not fun.  Really all it did was highlight how much easier my life is when I DON'T have a 22 hour per week job. But I need my job because ....

Also in the month of February - my trusty Expedition with over 155,000 miles on it broke down. 6 days without a car and $1345.00 to fix it - UGH!!!!!

But the absolute hardest part of February was watching a very dear sweet close friend lose a baby.  This was one of the hardest things I have faced in my life and it rocked me to my core.  I would write about it but I am finally beginning to heal and I am afraid to revisit the details.......

On the upside - February is over - YEEEEEE-HAW!

And even though February pretty much sucked it did have one bright spot - I got to meet Ree Drummond.  And she came across just as genuine in person as she does on her blog and in her books. And in meeting her - I discovered my new favorite shopping center - Rookwood Pavilion.  The bookstore that hosted her book signing was in a word - AWESOME and it is in a shopping center that I cannot wait to go back to.  Let me just say it has a Stein Mart, a Homegoods, and a TJ Maxx and a wine store!!!! AND, when I went to the TJ Maxx to hunt down Justice clothing for a certain soon-to-be-10-year-old-DRAMA-QUEEN I saw PRADA shoes... PRADA shoes at a TJ MAXX?!?!?!?! I didn't even let myself near the purse section that day but oh I shall definitely be checking it out one of these days .... one of these days when I don't have a $1,345.00 car repair bill hanging over my head .....

No comments: