For starters, I went shopping at Sam's after I dropped Allison off at pre-school. Sam's with no kids - can you hear the angels singing? I sure could. I love my kids but dragging them around Sam's wears us ALL out. And I also stayed in my budget! Woo-Hoo! I am good with managing my money most of the time but Sam's and Target are two places where I am horrible. But on this trip - my goal was to only spend $200 and my bill was $202. I know, I know, that $2 over BUT my real bill was $182, I just got $20 extra out.
THEN I had a little time and it was cold outside so I knew the eggs and the pork chops would be OK (one small perk of living in yankee land - no mad dashing home to get the cold items in the fridge) So I decided to pop over to the DSW Shoe Warehouse across the street and take a look-see. So glad I did because I found THESE:
What? You don't get it? What's the big deal you say? Well - I have wanted a pair of these since I was in HIGH SCHOOL. We were poor, ridiculous extras like really cute rain shoes were not even on the RADAR. When I got to college I bought a pair of the boots. They were Eddie Bauer so they weren't "real" ducks but they were awesome. I loved them. Last year I had to admit the seal had cracked and they were no longer waterproof. (so they lasted what? 1988-2008, that's 20 years, WOW!) Anyway. I had a good excuse to get a new pair and these are the REAL DUCKS. I am soooo cool now!
Then that evening when the older two were at dance Allison I went to Kroger to kill time and buy milk (I don't like the milk at Sam's. I think it tastes funny. David says I am weird but I don't care. It tastes funny) As we were headed to the milk aisle I found these:
It was the LAST box! The rest were all Christmas. I love these cookies. I buy them for every holiday: Valentines, Easter, Halloween ... if they make it, I buy a box .... or two .... or three .... I have always complained that there wasn't a Thanksgiving one. Well apparently there is and I got me a box. SCORE! (yes, I am hopeless nerd, I know, I blame it on not getting those rain shoes back in high school)
There was as a dip in my happiness. David came home from work sick Thursday evening. You KNOW how husbands are when they are sick ..... UGH!
So Friday Allison and I went out to escape my whining, complaining .... err I mean went out to give David some peace and quiet so he could rest .... We went to JC Penney to return something and on the way out I found these:
They were "buy one piece, get the other for $1". ONE DOLLAR?! Are you kidding me? Of course I had to get them! And I had a 15% coupon so I got the cutest Christmas jammies for a total of, I think, $18. SWEET!
And then - - - Friday evening David got word that the WMS launch date had officially been moved to December and he was going to be able to come with us on our Turkey Day Trek to Texas. Yippeee!!! Yahoo! YEA!!!!!!!!! So thankful for the answered prayer. BIG thanks to all of you who were praying.
And it kept going - Saturday was the last day of football games and the weather was GORGEOUS! Sunny and in the upper 60's. Praise God!!! So nice to be able to enjoy watching the girls instead of sitting there bundled up and checking my watch every 5 minutes to see how much longer until I could go back indoors.
With so much goodness, the cynic in me is fearful that something icky is headed my way. But the other side of me is simply enjoying the goodness and soaking it up!
No comments:
Post a Comment