Do you ever feel like everyone around you has gone deaf? Or perhaps you are speaking in tongues and no one understands you - particularly your children and your husband?
That is how I am feeling here lately.
I have been telling David for weeks - literally 3 weeks - that I bought discount tickets through American Heritage Girls to take them to the Aquarium for a special Scout Weekend. I signed us up back on OCTOBER 19th, I purchased the tickets on November 2. The tickets were for this Saturday, November 14. I bought 5 tickets. At the time we thought this would be the week before the WMS launch so I was going to take another scout with us. But the launch was moved so I asked David if he wanted to go, he said no. I reminded him that we were still going. I have been talking about this event off and on since the tickets were purchased. I just mentioned it at dinner last night. It is written on our calendar. The kids are really looking forward to it. And what does that boy say to me today? He tells me he wants to take the car in on Saturday and get it overhauled in prep for our Texas trip. The trip that we have been planning since AUGUST. He decides NOW that he wants to take the car in on Saturday, the 14th, the day I have tickets for the aquarium. ARGH! I swear I speak in English and I speak at an audible level. In fact that are some days when it has even been hinted at that I am speaking rather loudly - some might even call it yelling ......
I offer to take the car in today (Friday) I have nothing on my schedule. But apparently I cannot do this because I don't know what needs to be done and it would be too difficult to explain it to me or even - say - maybe WRITE IT DOWN for me. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!
AND THEN he starts trying to change up the intinerary for our trip. Can I just channel my inner Dwight (Real Housewives of Atlanta) here and say a big "HELLLLL to the NO" on that one. I don't care if he wants to have extra time so he can visit his friend in Boerne. I have NO close friends here in Ohio. I don't get to go on weekend trips or day trips with my buddies through out the year like he does. I have not seen my friends in over a year. I want to spend time with "Aunt" Audrey in Dallas and maybe even visit with a few of the other friends I have recently reconnected with on Facebook. We're getting to Dallas late on Saturday as it is because he won't take off work on Friday. He wants to spend only Sunday there? Half of that is taken up with church and the rest with family. I love my family, I do, but I want to see my friends too! I don't want to be that nagging b**** of a wife who digs her heels in and refuses to compromise but I am extremely tempted to do just that on this one my friends ...........
Ok - vent over - for now - - -
Friday, November 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment