From Allison:
Allison has this Melissa and Doug birthday cake:
I got it for free with Pampers Points and we gave it to her on her 1st birthday. She will be 3 in just a few days and she still loves playing with it. So the other day she puts it all together and puts one candle in the center and brings it to me at the computer desk. She tells me it is for me. I thank her and she then insists that I blow out the candle and shows me just how to do it. Then she tells me I have to make a wish. So I blow out my candle and I say "I wish for a TV in my bedroom". She says, "Nooo, you have to wish for a giraffe". "OK", I say, "I wish for a giraffe". And then that stink pot laughs and tells me, "You can't have a giraffe mommy! Giraffes don't fit in the house". At this point I simply gave up and went back to my email .......From Audrey:
So I have been working outside alot lately. I have to get my fill of sunshine to replenish my store of Vitamin D that was sucked up by the long dreary winter. PLUS - here in Ohio, it is so easy to grow just about anything. I think that is why there are so many farms. This is good and bad. Good - I can grow just about anything I want in my flower beds. And if I don't like how something is arranged, I can dig up and transplant just about anything and it works! I love that! Bad- weeds can also grow in my flower beds and grow they do - no matter how often I pull them, a new crop is there within days. And my shrubs, they grow like monsters! I am forever trimming them back.
Anyway, all this gardening means I am often sweaty and dirty. Add that fact to a little PMS this week and my face is a little broken out at the moment. Sitting on the couch watching TV yesterday Audrey points at one particularly lovely zit along my hairline and tells me I have a wart. I told her it wasn't a wart it was a pimple and explained that you get pimples when you get dirt and sweat in your pores. She then asked how you can get rid of a pimple and I said really all I needed to do was to keep washing my face and eventually it woudl go away. As calm and as serious as can be she tells me, "Then you had better wash your face ALOT mom."
Ah kids - no one hands out brutal honesty like they do ......
No comments:
Post a Comment