My little baby girl turned THREE yesterday! THREE!!!!

And I spoiled her all day long. It's not that she is my
baby, it's the
guilt. Audrey and Amy had big parties when they turned 1, 2 and 3. Of course they didn't
truly have "friends" but
I had friends and as it sometimes goes with friends - we all had babies around the same time. So I invited my friends and they brought their kids. And then there was family - my brothers came for parties when they could and so did Aunt Audrey and company. But poor Allison, we moved 1100 miles away from family and friends when she was only 2 weeks old! Every birthday so far has been just the 5 of us. So yesterday I pulled out all the stops. We piled in the car in our jammies at 7:20am and drove through the only drive through Dunkin' Donuts so she could have a special Birthday Breakfast Treat. (and I got my favorite Latte - bonus!). Once we were back home I let her open up the gifts from her sisters: Two bunny Littlest Pets and a new Max and Ruby movie from Amy. A yo-yo ball and a new Backyardigans movie from Audrey.


For lunch it was Chuck E Cheese.

The older two should have had their last day of school yesterday but thanks to the snow, they are in school until the 11th. I had promised Allison she could go to Chuck E Cheese for her birthday and I wasn't about to take that from her. So I pulled Audrey from school and off we went.

And we invited a friend from the neighborhood, Patrick.

He is a year older than Allison. One of his older brothers is in 2nd grade with Audrey and one of his older sisters in first grade and friends with both Audrey and Amy. We got there around 11:00 and we were done by 12:45 so I was able to drop Amy off at her half day kinder right on time and then I took Audrey back to her school. (Kinder and first grade are in a separate school buildings here, Audrey's school is 2nd-6th)
After dropping Audrey off I took Allison to Kroger so she could pick out a cake. We got that and she "talked" me in to a tub of cookies as well. Back home it was definitely time for a nap. But the party girl decided to fore go that and rather than wrestle with her, I let her stay up and planned for an early bath and bedtime. (I knew one of her gifts was new bath tub toys so I knew this would be easy to accomplish)
Speaking of gifts she had a BLAST opening them! She tore through them all like lightning - barely pausing to see what the actual gift was before moving on to the next. It was HILARIOUS!

Dinner was Chinese take-out served on party plates. She's not a big fan of Chinese food but she is a big fan of the sticky white rice. I also got some little party horns and while we were waiting for Dad to come home with the dinner she was running in circles, tooting her horn, and she yells out "This is the best birthday EVER!!!" Remember - no nap and - oh yeah - did I mention the M&M's? Yep - I dumped half a bag in a bowl for the girls to snack on and I think our birthday girl ingested a good amount.
All in all, I think she had a fabulous birthday. She woke up this morning and asked for another party ... and more presents ... perhaps I have created a monster?
No comments:
Post a Comment