Friday, June 12, 2009

Potty Training with Allison

This kid is a riot! She says the funniest things! And potty training is bringing a whole new host of hysterical comments like:

I had been on a walk with a neighbor early in the morning and since no one was awake upon my return, I decided to sneak in a quick shower. As I am getting out of the shower, in walks Allison in nothing but a pull up. I think to myself - she must have been trying to get herself dressed. I notice the pull up is dry and I think to myself "WOW, she stayed dry through the night! Woo-hoo! Better get her on the potty soon though" So I ask her if she wants to go potty and she says "yes" and I ask her if she wants to use my bathroom or hers and she decides to use mine. She sits down and ..... nothing .... and I think to myself "That's odd - she should have to go". Then she tells me "Yeah, it's swipperwee in my bafwoom" and then the light goes off .... "Oh, really?" I say, "Why is it slippery in your bathroom?", "Cuz dere's pee pee on the floor", she tells me. "Ohhh .... ".

Another morning she comes in my room right as I am finishing up my post walk sit-ups and stretches. Again I notice the pull up is dry but this time she is still in her nightgown so I am hopeful. "Allison", I say, "It looks like your pull-up is still dry. Do you need to go potty?". To which she replies "Yeah, cuz the pee pees are comin' in 10 minutes mom. So I need to go pee pee on the potty."

Like I said, this kid is a RIOT!

No comments: