Friday was just so fun! The kids were done with school but we couldn't go anywhere and celebrate because the wine.com gift Carolyn had ordered for David's birthday was going to be delivered some time on Friday and I had to be here to sign for it. So I let the girls invite friends over instead. The original plan had been to set up the sprinkler and the slip and slide. But the weather was grey and drizzly so we ended up staying indoors. Abby and Emma arrived first. Abby is Audrey's age and her mom was Audrey's teacher this year. Emma is Amy's age and they aren't at the same school yet but they will be by the time they are in 2nd grade. The girls immediately headed to the basement and started planning a play and were having so much fun dressing up. Then came Megan. Megan is one of Amy's best buddies from her kindergarten class. Megan has a sister Julia who is Audrey's age and we found out on the last day of school that Julia and Audrey will be in the same 3rd grade class next year. Julia would have stayed to play too but she had been invited to another friend's house. Then came Kati - another friend of Amy's. Kati has an older sister Dani who is 7 and going in to 2nd grade and she stayed and played too. I had a house full of girls: My 3; Audrey, Amy, Allison, and then Abby and Emma, and Kati and Dani, and Megan. And then I fed them pink lemonade and chocolate chip cookies and hershey kisses. It was crazy! But if felt so good. I cannot even begin to describe the joy it brought me to finally have a house full of my daughters' friends. I might not have any really good friends here yet but at least my girls are starting to build relationships and that just warms my heart to no end.
After Allison woke from her nap and after the wine.com box was delivered we picked up David at work and headed downtown to one of our favorite places for dinner. It's quite a drive, the restaurant is tiny and parking is a roll of the dice so we don't go often but when we do, we totally enjoy it. And this time David walked away with a little brithday gift. He ordered a local beer and it came out in a pub glass advertising a local brewery. I mentioned how neat it would be to collect different brewing company glasses to serve beer in at parties. He asked the waitress where they got the glasses and she said "I think the distributor gives them to us. If you want it, just take it, no one will care." SCORE one for the birthday boy! (you can see the glass in front of Amy in the picture)
Saturday there was a slight break in the rainy weather and I got to squeeze in some gardening - which always makes me happy.
And today - Sunday - we finished off the weekend with a vist to the St. Max Festival and I got myself a big ol' funnel cake. MAN, I love that stuff!!!!

Like I said - life is GOOD!
No comments:
Post a Comment