Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Time Delays Stink

I love watching the Olympics, I do.  But I am really hoping they are in a time zone that is more compatible to ours soon.  Watching events that have already happened is killing me!

First - I have to avoid so much all day so as not to read or hear who won what.

And then -
I know this will sound silly to some of you, but, I pray for athletes.  I have done it my whole life.  If the Longhorns are playing and they are facing a crucial play, you better bet I am praying for the key players. 
I pray for calmness and clarity.  In any sporting event I watch I pray for safety and protection for the players.  This probably goes back to my upbringing in the good ole Bible Belt where someone led us in prayer before every football game.  The person praying led us in the Lord's Prayer and then prayed for protection and safety for all of the players.

So here I sit - watching the US and Russia battle it out in the team competition and my heart is breaking for these poor girls and their parents.  I find myself starting prayers for them over and over and then stopping to realize - I am pretty much praying in vain.

I just hope that somehow - everyone of those girls at the competition tonight, this afternoon, this morning - whenever it really was - - - I hope that my silly prayers somehow are blessing and comforting them now.  I figure - God is God and He knows what they need and He knows the intention of my prayers, right? ....

No comments: