Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Day in the Life of Me

Sometimes I think maybe I should just go ahead and jump on into the "Nutty Homeschoolers" circle ... There are days when I think my poor kids are never going to "fit in" in public school and I am only prolonging their torture by keeping them there.  But then I think - maybe it's good to keep my kids there - it gives the other kids a chance to be exposed to true diversity ....

Today I decided to treat the kids to lunch out.  While we were eating I heard snippets of the conversation from the booth across the aisle from us.  I thought I heard one of the men say, as he was calling someone, "Hey, I have Judge Judy here with me and she's running for the Ohio Supreme Court".  I thought "THE Judge Judy" ???? I turned my head to see but it wasn't the TV Judge - oh well .... Then I heard him say she's really behind ------- and so we really need to  ------- and help her out" And then I heard "NRA", "firearms", "family values" - I must say, my interest was peaked.  I was really trying to do a better job of eaves dropping but it was crowded and we were by the play area. 

When they were leaving I said something to the kids about what I heard and my 11 year old pipes up with:
"Oh yeah - there's a lady at the Gun Club and she's running for the Ohio Supreme Court.  She's a lady who loves her guns.  We met her.  She gave Dad a paper all about her.  She really loves her guns". I told her to look through the window and see if the lady leaving was the same lady, she said she couldn't tell for sure but it did look like it could be her.

Welcome to my world people, welcome to my world ....

Now for clarification - Audrey went to the Ohio Gun Collector's Association meeting/gun show with her Dad and that is the "Gun Club" she was referring to.

And also - we were eating lunch at Chick Fil A so when I heard them talking NRA and family values - I figured they were more than likely conservatives .....

Can I just say how sick I am about all the Chick Fil A drama???? I mean really - you would think the Cathy family had put up a sign saying that unless you publicly declared allegiance to their beliefs, you were no longer welcome in their establishment.  All the guy did was honestly answer a question.  And COME ON - Chick Fil A has never ever been quiet about the fact that the CEO is a strong Christian. They aren't even open on Sundays!  Did anyone really think he would answer the question any differently?  Why is everyone suddenly so up in arms over this?  I am guessing that every hate spewing liberal minded person out there was well aware of where the Cathy family would more than likely stand on this issue and they are well within their rights to not patronize Chick Fil A.  Just like I try not to patronize companies and organizations that openly support issues I am not in favor of. But to spend so much energy saying and writing so many mean and nasty (and sometimes untrue) things is just awful. It makes my blood BOIL!

Ok - rant over

But just in case you were wondering - my family and I WILL be eating at Chick Fil A on August 1 and if this ridiculousness keeps up - we might just eat there for breakfast, lunch AND dinner that day.

No comments: