Look, see, happy post as promised :) :)
I just have to write about how much I love my family. We have taken a few little family trips here recently and they have just been great.
We went to Indianapolis on a whim and had a BLAST. But I already posted about that one.
In August we went up to Granville with David and I swear I really am going to post pictures from that trip one of these days ... really I am! They are actually off the camera - but they aren't on the laptop and that's what I am typing on at the moment. I know, I know - excuses ... excuses ... (oh, and I'm going to get pictures from the girls' summer camps online too - might as well go for it all while I am promising things right? hee hee hee)
ANYWAY - - - back to my awesome family ....
When we were in Granville things didn't go exactly as planned but we still had fun. The weather was ick so my plans to stroll around this absolutely adorable little town went out the window. The hotel room was HUGE but we only had two FULL beds, not even queens so bedtime was rough. Plus my ideas of playing around on the laptop while David was out with the guys at night were dashed when I found out there was no internet in our room. But we still had fun - we really did.
And this past weekend - we went up to a family reunion and had an absolute BALL. I loved reconnecting with everyone. I hadn't seen most of these people in about 12 years. None of these people had ever met Allison. The kids were thrilled to have cousins to run around with . And no they aren't really cousins - we tried to figure out what we all were to each other and I'm still not sure. We're all related through my mom and my mom's father and it's just easier to call the "olders" Aunt and Uncle and the "youngers" cousins.
And Sunday was just picture perfect. We ate breakfast with Aunt Carol and Uncle Dick and then we took the girls into the city. The girls played in this new water fountain area at Millennium Park. They looked at their reflections in this cool, weird reflective sculpture called "The Bean". We walked 8 blocks through downtown to the American Girl Store where David bought each girl ANOTHER doll. They were beside themselves with joy over this. Then we walked with our beaming daughters to Giordano's for some awesome deep dish pizza. We had so much fun playing with the girls while we waited for our table. We had such a good conversation at the table as we ate. We had fun walking back to the car. We had fun on the drive home. The day was just filled with so much good fun and love and happiness. It is one of those days that I will treasure in my memory for ever.
I am so happy to be married to David. I am so happy with the three daughters God chose to bless us with. Things aren't perfect but that day - Sunday - was pretty darn close. When stuff irritates the snot out of me in the future, and I know it will, I hope I remember to look back on Sunday.
Alright - sappy talk done - and I PROMISE to get pictures of our trips on here soon .....
Monday, September 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment