Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pictures Pictures Pictures

Here they are - pictures from our trips!

In this post: Granville

We went here back in Mid-August.  David goes every year for the Thompson Show and Shoot and this year we tagged along.  He always stays at the Buxton Inn and raves about it.  It is cool and quaint and the people are oh-so-nice but ...... The rooms are furnished with antiques which are beautiful but not all that practical ...... especially when traveling with kids.




There were two fun pink chairs in our room and I had visions of lounging in one with my laptop or one of my new books.  However, they were old chairs, you could feel the springs poking through ... and there was no internet service ..... But Amy liked them:

The beds were small and we ended up making a pallet on the floor for Audrey to sleep on.  I used the bedspreads from the two beds, bought a foam camping mat and an insulated sleeping bag and gave her one of our pillows.  She was a trooper and said it was comfortable. I then pushed the "kids' bed" up against the wall so I wouldn't worry about Allison falling out.  I was terrified I was going break a leg off the antique bed while I was moving it but I didn't. So Amy and Allison slept here:


David and I shared a full sized bed as well and while I didn't mind being close to him, we did have Audrey sleeping on our floor soooooo ...... Plus there was a distinct tilt to the floor so I spent most of the night clinging to the edge, hoping I wouldn't roll out.

But the back door from the kids' room opened into a really neat courtyard and the kids loved playing in it. 


There were fountains everywhere and what kid doesn't love a fountain?




Honestly - if the weather had been cooler (It was upper 80's and muggy) and if we had been better prepared for the sleeping situation - it would have been great.  As it was we still had a good time.

And one of my favorite pictures of the trip is from our day at The Works museum in Newark.  Allison was being Allison and this picture is such a perfect example of her personality:



If you want to see more pictures from our Granville trip - they are all here.

No comments: