So in picking Amy up I see Eva and her twin brother, Tom, and their mom. Eva is in AHG with us and in my little Pathfinder squad. Tom is in Amy's class. He has the hugest crush on Amy - it is so cute! Anyway, we are walking out with them and Eva and Tom's mom makes a comment on how nice I look and asks if I did something different with my hair. Wanna know why I looked so "good" to her? I had showered and had on a smidgen of make-up (powder, mascara and burt's bees tinted lip balm). Really, honestly that was it! I hadn't even brushed my hair all the way, let alone given any attempt at "styling" it. I had flipped my head up side down and quickly ran my big bristle brush through it. It wasn't even all the way dry! The thing is - she usually only sees me at our AHG meetings. On those days I am usually so frazzled and drained and dog tired. If I had any make-up on at the start of my day it is well gone by 4:30. And my hair is usually pulled back into a half-assed ponytail. Plus I am stuck in my leader's uniform - not the most flattering and fashionable get up there is my friends .... By the time our meeting ends at 6:00 I am sure I am lookin' even more "worn". So today when she saw me fresh from a shower and not heading anywhere after school other than back home, I am sure the difference was quite shocking ......
So there you have it - that snippet of my day gives such vast insight in to my life ...
I recently caved and got in to the whole Facebook thing. I have seen a few friends from high school and college on there and I am always wondering what they think of how my life ended up. Am I who and what they thought I would be? Am I more? Am I less? Compared to some I feel like such a frump but then when I really think about it- I am doing exactly what I always wanted to do. And really - anyone who has known me long knows I never really have been all that good at the whole hair/make-up/pulled together outfit thing - not even in high school
No comments:
Post a Comment