So back when Audrey and Amy were little we had a stretch of rainy days one month that seemed to last forever. You know, one of those stretches that has you consulting Genesis, looking up those specs God gave Noah for building the Ark. I remember feeling desperate to find something new for them to do indoors that would keep them happy and occupied without totally trashing my house. I ended up spreading a big Glad Neat Sheet on the carpet and giving them bowls and spoons and bunch of dry elbow macaroni and lo and behold it WORKED! They were playing they were happy and most importantly they weren't begging me for anything.

Allison was in a bear of a mood and I was at my wits end. I knew painting would make her happy but I just didn't want to mess with it. And then the memory came to me of Audrey and Amy and the macaroni. I found a box of pasta in the pantry and hauled up some bowls, cups and spoons from the playroom and Praise God! she loved it! She played with it for a good 30 minutes and then took a wonderfully long nap! She has been wrestling with a head cold and allergies so this was such a blessing in so many ways!
So today our weather was not rainy, we're in Ohio now, it was snowy. And COLD! It was 21 earlier and we're headed for single digits. YUCK!!!!! The snow is just starting to fall in this picture here. It isn't showing up well in this size but the rooftops were covered and the fence railings too. My deck and my sidewalks were covered and it was beginning to accumulate in the lawn.
Allison was in a bear of a mood and I was at my wits end. I knew painting would make her happy but I just didn't want to mess with it. And then the memory came to me of Audrey and Amy and the macaroni. I found a box of pasta in the pantry and hauled up some bowls, cups and spoons from the playroom and Praise God! she loved it! She played with it for a good 30 minutes and then took a wonderfully long nap! She has been wrestling with a head cold and allergies so this was such a blessing in so many ways!
No comments:
Post a Comment