So I have gained more weight than ever this past year. A long winter + basically becoming a single parent = depressed me = baking ALOT to cheer myself up and also very little exercise. Not the best formula for a happy healthy me; not at all.
But summer is here and I am trying desperately to shed at least half of what I gained before the walls of winter close in on me again. I have two strong motivators: (1) We will be attending the wedding of a dear family friend we haven't seen in years on July 12. The last think I want is to see jaws dropping and eyes popping as they all scramble for something kind to say and (2) we have our annual beach trip in August with my BFF and her family.
In order to lose the weight I have been drinking more water, eating less and trying to actually exercise. If everyone sleeps soundly enough I sometimes manage to sneak in a quick 30 minute walk in the morning. A few times I have made it on to my elliptical with minimal interruptions from the kidlets. And I am trying to actually get back to some sort of exercise routine. But it's not been easy.
So I decided to look up some of those "detox drinks" on Pinterest. I found one that sounded like something I could stomach - water + lemons and cucumbers. You can also add mint leaves which we have PLENTY of but I wasn't sure about how that would taste. I might try adding mint today and see what I think.
It tastes pretty decent and yesterday I filled my super cute Texas Longhorn cup THREE times and drank and drank and drank. I need to measure and see how many ounces this cup holds. I am guessing it is 20 something. So that would mean I drank about 60 ounces yesterday.
Can I just say that if the number of times I have gone to the bathroom in the last 36 hours is any indication of the number of toxins I needed to flush from my body - well then - I am apparently FULL of toxins! Oh My Goodness!!!!
But you know what - I am going to keep at it. Today is July 6 so that wedding is less than a week away at this point. And since we'll be traveling two days to the wedding and I really don't want to visit every rest area and gas station bathroom between here and West Point - I will have to stop the "detoxing" before we leave on the 10th.
Sunday, July 6, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment