Wednesday, October 3, 2012
One of those days .....
I am having one of those days ....
My house is a wreck
I don't think anyone has eaten anything remotely healthy in the last few days
I have so much to get done and I have no idea where to start
I am so stressed out about so many things that I feel like I am distracted and only giving 50% of my attention to everything and everyone
UGH!
What I really, really wish is that I could call up a BFF and meet her at her house, my house, a coffee house and indulge in some sort of Pumpkin Latte and delicious pastries!
Doesn't that sound like a good solution?
But since that isn't an option - maybe if I simply write out all the things that are stressing me - they'll seem more manageable?
Ok
Let's see
Dance Tuition is due. I wanted to make 2 payments this time instead of one. I hate making "payments". I wish, I wish I could just pay for the whole year in August or at the very least make two payments - not 6.
~ ~ I don't have enough for two payments today and I don't think I am going to make it out to the re-sale shop as I had intended in order to "make" more money to put towards tuition. So maybe I make one payment (that's all that's due anyway) and then save the overlap of money for next time and maybe THEN I can make 2 payments? That would also give me more time to sell baby stuff.
NEXT
My 6th grader informs me this morning that she has to help me bake the banana bread that is due for her snack project tomorrow. Tonight is dance night for the other two girls and we are basically driving to and from the studio from 5:45-7:45. Lovely. Ok - so we already decided Allison would be "Parent Pick-Up" instead of "Bus Rider" and Audrey and Amy will be "Walkers" instead of "Carpool". That will get us all home about 15-20 minutes earlier. Audrey can mix the dry ingredients and store them in a ziploc while the other two eat and get ready for dance. We'll record Survivor (Wait? Is it even on? The Presidential Debates are tonight) Either way - we'll skip Survivor and Audrey can then add the wet ingredients to the dry when we get home. She can do this while the other two shower and then we can put it in the oven to bake and then she can get in the shower. While she showers the other two can work on their homework.
Ok - now what ....
Cleaning the house - probably not going to happen and I am going to have to just let that one go ....
Healthy food - gonna have to think on this. With dance class at 6, it needs to be quick and easy ...I hate this. I want so badly to move us away from processed foods but with Andrew on the move now, I don't have much time to devote to prepping anything. Add to that two very picky eaters and I am stumped time and time again. Maybe I can mandate that everyone picks a fruit to eat, banana, applesauce, orange slices - and then let them have the processed food of their choice? Pizza rolls (found a great recipe on Pinterest and it actually tastes pretty good), bagel bites, popcorn chicken ....
And then -
There's an Explorer Campout this weekend - Audrey and Amy are camping in tents with 17 other girls from AHG. (1) I can't go and (2) It is supposed to be cold (high of 59, low of 36) and there's now a 70% chance of rain. Ok - so I won't be there but lots of great moms and dads will be. They'll be wet and cold but they have sweats, they have rain gear, they have warm sleeping bags, the tents are waterproof. The weather will effect the planned activities but they will learn how to adapt when things don't go as planned - a very valuable life skill. They will probably have fun no matter what and they will defnitely make memories.
Now my biggest stressor - $$$$$
I know I shouldn't. I know we are blessed and have more than so many people in this world. Wasn't I just lecturing the girls on how even the poorest people in the US are far more "wealthy" then the poor in other countries???? But I can't help it - Money can stress me out faster and more severely than just about anything else. And this time of year it seems like money is due EVERYWHERE! School fees, AHG dues, Dance tuition, Nutcracker fees, new clothes, etc ... And on top of that the car needs repairs and the house needs fixing and updating (Especially if we are going to move this summer)I think I stress because I am not working and therefore I feel so out of control on this one. UGH! Maybe tonight instead of playing 5 zillion games of solitaire I should look up that website I read about the other day - the one where teachers can post lesson plans for other teachers to buy. And also maybe I need to pray - I need God to show me a balance in this. I need to learn a way to manage my fears here.
OK- feeling a bit better ...
And I've finished my coffee.
It wasn't pumpkin flavored and my BFF wasn't here.
But it'll do for now ..........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment