Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Tomorrow is Halloween and our family is READY!!

I feel so  much more excitement for the holidays this year.  Last year I was hugely pregnant for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I was living in the fog of adding a newborn to our family for New Years, Valentines and Easter.  So this year - I am having fun getting into the spirit of celebrating.

We didn't grow our own pumpkins this year and I was kind of bummed.  However, when I was at the grocery store yesterday, they had their "pie pumpkins" on sale so I bought 4 so the kiddoes can decorate them with the push pin jack o'lantern pieces.  I also found a "pink pumpkin" and just had to get it for my little princess, Allison. So the 5 I purchased at the store plus the one we got at the pumpkin patch equals SIX pumpkins on my front doorstep (hey - at least I didn't go crazy with the mums this year like I did last year)

Even with all of our recent car issues and David's work schedule we managed to squeeze in a quick trip to Barn 'N' Bunk.  We have been going here since our first Halloween in Ohio and it was kind of neat to take Andrew for the first time.  We took the obligatory pictures in front of the measuring stick:
 




 

The girls and Daddy took their turns at the apple flinger:

Later that afternoon, the girls asked if they could rake leaves and make a pile to  jump in to.  I said sure and then told them to leave the pile and I would get some of those pumpkin trash bags to fill with the leaves and add them to our front yard decorations. 

On Monday I found this at the store:

Based on the picture I thought I would just get the ONE bag b/c the leaf pile was not that big and it would probably just fill this large bag.
 
I don't know WHERE they got the kid for that picture or what kind of crazy photoshopping they did but this is how big the bag ACTUALLY is:

Seriously!  If I had known the picture was THAT off, I would have bought THREE bags instead of one.  I only got about half of the leaf pile in the bag and then it started ripping!
 
Oh well -
 
It's still Halloween tomorrow and I am still looking forward to it
 
(Totally hoping the weather improves though.  35 degrees this morning and a steady rain/snow mix was falling. UGH!!!!! Plus strong winds courtesy of Hurricane Sandy. The wetness is supposed to be out of here by tomorrow afternoon and I am really hoping the winds die down because the cold - well, it's probably here to stay .... bleh!)

No comments: