UGH - It has been so very WONDERFUL having David home this week. We all did our best to cherish every minute of it. And the weekend was pretty good too. We ended on such a good note - or so I thought.....
The Cowboys played today but living here in Ohio - watching it on TV wasn't an option unless we (A) bought it on pay-per-view or (B) went somewhere that was showing it. We decided to go to a new Buffalo Wild Wings that recently opened in a nearby shopping center. I really didn't want to go - I don't like their food, the baby doesn't like ANY kind of chicken, it's noisy, the kids get bored, the Cowboy game is usually only on one TV and a small one at that ..... BUT this experience was totally different. We managed to feast on mostly appetizers which weren't bad. The Cowboy game was on 5 or 6 TV's and one was a big screen and RIGHT by our booth. And David spent $10 on game credits on one of those table top game things for the girls. PLUS - the Cowboys actually won!!!
We came home - got three sleepy girls bathed and in jammies. They climbed in bed with me and listened as I read the last chapter of Voyage of the Dawn Treader - the book we started back in MAY, I think? And then David and I tucked all three in bed. Audrey had a little homework to finish up but it was only a little after 8:30 so we figured she had plenty of time.
But then ......
She needed allergy medicine - she was stuffy and her head hurt
about 15 min after that
She couldn't find her homework. She had been working on it and the it just disappeared from her bed ...
And now -
She just came down a third time sobbing hysterically. She said "Everything feels wrong. I don't want Daddy to leave tomorrow. I miss him so much. It feels like I am never going to see him again."
OH! It broke my HEART!!!
David was already upstairs in bed - he had three beers at Buffalo Wild Wings ... I however had 2 diet cokes - so I am WIDE awake. I took Audrey upstairs and tucked her in with him. I woke him enough to tell him she was upset about him leaving and told her I would be awake for a while so she could fall asleep with Dad and it was ok with me.
I wonder if she has been holding all this in for a while now and that is why she has been so grumpy the last few months?
How do I handle this? And what is it going to be like when he MOVES to Nashville in November and he's only home on weekends? (he's only there every other week right now)
Today during communion I prayed and prayed and prayed. I asked God for wisdom for my children. I told Him I didn't need to know "how" it was all going to work I just needed comfort and peace. I'd be ok with not knowing as long as I didn't feel so stressed all the time. I also asked specifically for wisdom on how to guide my daughters through this all. I know He was listening, I trust He will provide but oh .... I am feeling so very,very nervous about the future right now ....... Not nervous that we'll be OK, more nervous that it's going to be hard and worried about the mistakes that I know I will make ...............
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment