I have two things that are really bugging me today so I have come here to do a little venting ..... you have been forewarned ....
#1: If ONE MORE person acts like I absolutely will die if this baby is a girl I am going to scream! Yes, I have three girls. Yes, a baby boy would be new and fun. BUT - -
I absolutely love my three girls. They bring such joy to me and my husband
We did NOT try to get pregnant - we were not "trying for a boy" nor are we "hoping" for a boy, nor will we be disappointed if this baby is not a boy.
We are so surprised with this extra blessing that we just want and hope for a healthy pregnancy, a safe delivery, and a healthy, happy baby - boy or girl.
#2: I miss Dr. Grogono - my OB back in Texas. I miss her nurse Karen. I miss knowing how to get to my appointments without having to print off a map or use my GPS. I miss the fact that Dr. Grogono understood that I only wanted to see female doctors and really preferred to see just her throughout my 40 weeks of pregnancy. She worked in a group. That group had more male doctors than female doctors. I totally understood that if I went in to labor in the middle of the night I got whoever was on call.
Today I had my second appt with the new doctor. First, the nurse was nice but even she made the comment of how I shouldn't worry and maybe I'd get lucky and finally have a boy - UGH! And then the appt was so short. Still no measurements. Heard the heartbeat but she didn't tell me what the rate was. I didn't even pee in a cup which I did at every appt back in Texas. I swear the doctor was in there all of 5 minutes. Dr. Grogono was great. She loved to talk. She loved to tell me how great I was doing. I even managed to lose a pound this time and yet there was no congratulations from either the nurse or the doctor about doing a good job managing my weight (if you don't know me, I am "pleasantly plump" and do not need to be gaining much at all with this pregnancy) And then - when I was checking out - the receptionist at the scheduling desk was so rude. They have this stupid policy where they want you to see all the doctors before you deliver. I told her I planned to only see the female doctors, something I told the doctor at my very first appt. I explained that this was my preference. She made so many snide remarks about how that was going to make scheduling my appts soooo difficult. She must have brought it up 5 times in the 5 minutes it took to schedule my next appt. It was all I could do not to reach across the desk and choke her. I don't care if it makes me prude or weird or a freak - it's my preference. This is MY body and MY pregnancy and if it is MY preference to only see female doctors then deal with it!!!! ..... And if my doctor in hippie-Austin was OK with this choice the the scary 80's throwback receptionist in flippin' Middletown, Ohio sure as heck should be OK with it!!!! And then SHE DIDN'T EVEN TELL ME WHO MY NEXT APPT IS WITH!!!! I know when it is but I have no idea which doctor I'll be seeing... grrrrrrrr!
Ok - vent over - going to go watch mindless TV with my honey .....
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment