I knew there was a reason I never went to the doctor!
Yes - I am one of those people. I don't go to the doctor unless I absolutely have to. But since I turned ....ahem, um ..... 40 ....shhhhh! I was thinking maybe I should start taking better care if myself. So you know, I joined weight watchers ... I started attending a Zumba class .... and then, thanks to some encouragement from a very good friend, I decided to face my absolutely ginormous fear of allllll things medical and make the appointments. So I scheduled my "woman" appointment - the first since October of 2005 - quit yelling! - and I went. No big deal, I get through it. But then comes the call ... there were some "slightly abnormal cells" and I need to schedule another appt in 3 months. OH JOY! Just what I want to hear.
My appt for my physical was coming up in a few days (stupid office schedules "well woman" exams separate from general physicals) So I thought I'd just ask more about these abnormal cells then. BUT that appt got bumped thanks to a snow day. So I went today. My first physical since May of 1997. (QUIT yelling!) It was just tons of fun I tell you! TONS! I got a tetanus shot - yeehaw! And then they drew what was in my opinion and ENORMOUS amount of blood from my arm so they can test it for all sorts of fun stuff. But in the meantime - they did find blood in my urine and there's no real reason that should be there so they're sending that off too.
Wheee! This IS fun! gee, why have I avoided doctors for so long ......
So by Thursday I should get all the lab results back - can't wait - so excited ......
And then in March I get to go back for another "woman" appt and hope THAT comes back normal. If it doesn't, then I get to go to a gynecologist for a biopsy.
OH - and I'm also supposed to be calling and scheduling a mammogram. Yeah - after all the fun I have had at just the family doctor I can't WAIT to go see a specialist!
Hypochondriacs - I do not get you at all. This is so far from fun - so so far. And now I am going to go take some Tylenol and hope it stops the throbbing in my left arm from the tetanus shot .........
Monday, January 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment