Tuesday, November 30, 2010

How I Manage Stress


Do you see that little remnant of a shrub there?  It used to be as tall as the lamp post ... It's not anymore .....

You see, last night my husband and I had a disagreement regarding our travel plans for Christmas.  My feelings from this still lingered this morning.  Usually - if the weather is dreary and cold and I am not in the most chipper mood I bake.  Cookies, cakes, breads and usually in mass quantities ...... However, I started Weight Watchers back in October and I am bound and determined to actually show a weight loss at my next meeting AND I also have a doctor's appt tomorrow.... So I decided I shouldn't bake ....

But I was still feeling a little frustration ......

So this morning, as I was hauling the empty garbage bin back up the driveway I noticed how my red ribbons kept getting tangled in the shrub next to the lamp post.  My neighbor was taking the kids to school today and while we were waiting for her I just kept looking at that shrub.  Maybe I should trim it a little I was thinking, then the ribbons won't get caught ...  And it does grow pretty big every spring ... I always have to hack it back 2 or 3 times anyway .... Maybe I should do more than trim it ... maybe I could cut it low now and then it won't be so bad in the spring/summer..... But maybe I should leave it alone .... I know I am not in the best frame of mind right now .... but UGH!  there go the ribbons!  Tangled again!  Yeah, I'm gonna have to trim that thing ..... As soon as the older two left for school - there I was - at 9am - hacking away at this poor unsuspecting shrub. Did I mention it was raining? 

Hopefully - David and I will resolve our differences later today.  'Cuz if we don't - there is this thorny bush up by the office window that I have never really cared for .......

*** ETA***
I just pulled 2 dozen cookies out of the oven ... I am doomed!  It's these darn new mystery books I found - the main character owns a cookie shop and real recipes are sprinkled throughout the books.  I've been dying to try one and decided this cold, rainy, grumpy Wednesday was a good day for it ......

No comments: