Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Allison - isms


My Allison is such a treasure.  I wish - oh how I wish - I could just spend a few minutes in her little world each day. 

Here are just a few of the things she said to me today:

Regarding swim lessons:
"Mom, I know how to swim now.  I can do it.  So really, I don't need to go anymore.  I'm good.  We can stop. OK?"
For whatever reason she is totally freaked out about swim lessons all of a sudden and is trying to get out of them any way she can. But I'm going in with the big guns now...I told her if she'll do what her teacher asks her to do tomorrow with no tears, I'll take her to McDonald's for lunch.

Regarding the shopping list I was adding to:
"Yes, and we need to get buttermilk, OK? So we can make the 'bayn-yays' (translation:beignets). And now I'm exiting this room"
In an effort to get Miss Allison to eat something besides yogurt, candy and chips - I bought the Princess Tiana cookbook for her.  Princess Tiana is the princess in the most recent Disney princess movie and it is set in New Orleans.  The cookbook actually has some pretty good lookin' recipes in it.  But of course - what has my little junk food addict picked out to make?  beignets and cupcakes ....

Regarding bedtime:
Allison: "Mom, can we sleep in the basement tonight"
(they love sleeping in the basement, they sleep on air mattresses and call it a sister sleepover)
Me: "I don't know.  You girls have been staying up pretty late down there."
Later - as it gets close to bedtime ...
"Mommy, the weatherman, I heard him, he said it's too hot for sleeping upstairs mom.  He said it's gonna be a good night for girls to sleep in the basement."
Me: "Oh really?"
Allison: "Yeah, that's what he said."

Oh how I love this little girl!

No comments: